A Brief Overview
Lumenis® IPL Photorejuvenation is an innovative treatment method that has enabled us to achieve remarkable improvements in numerous skin problems. The Intense Pulsated Light (IPL) Skin Rejuvenation is a non-invasive procedure covering over 30 different skin conditions all with the added benefit of having no downtime after treatments.
How Does IPL Skin Rejuvenation Work?
IPL skin rejuvenation works by rapid, intense and controlled light pulses being beamed into the skin via different wavelengths. This penetrates the tissue and attacks haemoglobin and pigment. This is all done by a versatile handpiece which controls the pulsing and protects thermal damage to the skin resulting in new collagen, elastin fibres and improvement of the appearance of the skin.
What does IPL Skin Rejuvenation treat?
- Enlarged pores
- Pigment spots
- Sun damage
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Removal of age/sun spots (including on the hands)
- We recommend that you stay hydrated for at least a week before the procedure.
- Avoid overexposure to the sun and wear sunscreen with SPF 30 or higher.
- Avoid taking aspirin, certain anti-inflammatory drugs, and some herbal medications that can cause increased bleeding.
- You may experience slight redness immediately after the treatment, but you can easily hide this with make-up.
- Try and stay away from sunlight as much as you can and always wear sunscreen.
- Do not pick at your skin.
- Avoid hot air and water treatments such as Sauna, Steam Rooms, Jacuzzi, etc. for 24-hours after treatment.
How long will the treatment take?
We recommend between two and six, 30-minute treatments every two to six weeks for most skin conditions
What is Couperose?
Couperose is a hypersensitive skin condition which causes redness, dryness, sensitivity and includes a stinging and burning sensation.
What is Rosacea?
Rosacea is a chronic skin condition creating small, red, sometimes pus-filled bumps on the skin, generally around the nose, forehead and cheeks.
Will I need an anaesthetic?
No anaesthetic is required with the Lumenis® M22 Laser Apparatus.
For all additional enquiries or appointments, please click below