The following aftercare recommendations are provided for the benefit of our clients. These recommendations are provided for all customers undergoing our Laser Hair Removal treatment plans. Please be sure to read carefully, if you are unsure of something, please ask your clinician or contact our Customer Services Team.
Aftlease note that these aftercare recommendations are specific to laser hair removal treatment with Soprano ICE Platinum laser hair removal solutions, advice may differ for different solutions. iLuvo only use Soprano ICE Platinum laser hair removal solution.
It is important that you follow the instructions below before proceeding with your first and any follow-up treatments. If you have any questions or concerns regarding any of the recommendations below, please contact our Customer Services Team who will be more than happy to assist.
- Try to avoid excessive exposure to the sun for two weeks before and after treatment
- You MUST avoid bleaching, plucking or waxing hair for two weeks prior to treatment
- Do not use Depilatory creams one week prior to treatment
- If you have a history of cold sores, zovirax may be used prior to treatment and continued one week after treatment
- The use of tanning cream must be discontinued two weeks before treatment
- Please shave the area the day before or morning before the treatments
It is important that you follow the instructions below during your treatment with us here at iLuvo. If you have any questions or concerns regarding any of the recommendations below, please contact our Customer Services Team who will be more than happy to assist.
- The skin is cleaned
- When treating the upper lip, the teeth may be protected with gauze. The gauze also serves to support the lip during treatment, allowing a surface to push against
- Skin color can compete as a target for the 810nm wavelength with melanin in the hair. The cooling tip will be used with the laser to minimize skin damage
- Safety considerations are important during the laser procedure. The client and the operator will wear protective eyewear during the procedure
It is important that you follow the aftercare instructions below after each treatment here with us at iLuvo. If you have any questions or concerns regarding any of the recommendations below, please contact our Customer Services Team who will be more than happy to assist.
- Immediately after treatment, there may be redness and swelling at the treatment area, this may feel like mild sunburn.
- The application of iced water during the first few hours after treatment will reduce any discomfort.
- The application of aloe vera gel can continue at home.
- Makeup may be used immediately after the treatment unless there is epidermal blistering.
- Avoid sun exposure for 2 weeks to reduce the chance of hyperpigmentation or darker pigmentation. Use sunscreen SPF 30 or greater at all times throughout the course of treatment.
- Avoid picking or scratching the treated skin. Do not use any other hair removal treatment methods (waxing, electrolysis or tweezing) that will disturb the hair follicle at the treatment area for 4-6 weeks after treatment. Shaving or depilatories may be used.
- Hair regrowth occurs at different rates on different areas of the body. New hair growth will not occur for AT LEAST three weeks after treatment.
- Anywhere from 5-19 days after the treatment, shedding of the surface hair may occur and this appears as new hair growth. This is NOT new hair growth. You can clean and remove the hair by washing or wiping the area with a wet cloth or Loofa sponge.
- After the underarms are treated, use a powder, instead of deodorant, for 24 hours after the treatment to reduce skin irritation.#
- Avoid hot baths and heat treatments and treat the skin gently, as if you had sunburn, for the first 24 hours.
- Any questions or concerns that you may have then please call us for advice.
For more information on Laser Hair Removal please click here.